If you want to make the most out of your Mac, you will need a really good mouse to go along with it. That’s why we listed down the top 5 best mouse for Mac, with the Logitech MX Master 3 Mouse as our top choice. If you want to see more options, keep on reading below.
Logitech MX Master 3
- MASTERED FOR MAC - MX Master 3 for Mac is optimized for macOS, iPad compatible, and finished in Space Gray.
- ULTRAFAST MAGSPEED SCROLLING - remarkable speed, precision, and silence of MagSpeed Wheel - up to 90% faster, 87% more precise, and ultra quiet.
- COMFORT SHAPE AND INTUITIVE CONTROLS - Work comfortably with perfectly sculpted shape and ideally placed thumb wheel and controls.
- MULTIPLE COMPUTERS, ONE FLOW - Control multiple Mac computers and effortlessly transfer text, images, and files between them.
- MAGIC OF GESTURES, POWER OF MX – Hold the gesture button and move the mouse to switch desktops, open Mission Control, and display Launchpad.
The Logitech MX Master 3 is a mouse of beauty that many Mac users may have overseen. It is also one of the most ergonomic mouse ever made for both PC and Mac. However, it favors more of the latter because of its specialized features that makes using this on any Mac device seamless. With great magspeed scrolling and plenty of gesture configurations, using your Mac has never been more convenient.
Apple Magic Mouse 2
- Magic Mouse 2 is completely rechargeable, so you’ll eliminate the use of traditional batteries.
- It’s lighter, has fewer moving parts thanks to its built-in battery and continuous bottom shell, and has an optimized foot design — all helping Magic Mouse 2 track easier and move with less resistance across your desk.
- And the Multi-Touch surface allows you to perform simple gestures such as swiping between web pages and scrolling through documents.
If you still insist on an official Apple-made mouse, then the Apple Magic Mouse 2 should fit the bill perfectly. It is obviously a more expensive choice if compared to other mice but those who are loyal to the Apple brand may find this wireless mouse comforting. It is also completely ambidextrous. The lightning port and multi-touch configurations also make the Magic Mouse 2 worthwhile.
Macally Silent Wired Mouse
- EFFICIENT & QUIET: If you are looking for a reliable and easy to use computer mouse that does not have unnecessary/complicated features and buttons, our wired mouse is the answer. It will reward you with dependability and consistency while decreasing click-noise by 90%.
- UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE FOR MAC OR PC: Just plug & play, no drivers needed! The perfect replacement for an Apple wired mouse or PC mouse. Will work seamlessly across all platforms and be a great and cost effective Apple mouse alternative or addition to your PC laptop or desktop.
- INSTANT DPI ADJUSTABILITY: Choose between 800, 1200, 1600, or 2400 DPI (Dots Per Inch) easily by simply pressing the DPI button on our optical mouse.
- SLIM, ELEGANT, & COMFORTABLE: Whether you are right handed or left handed our corded mouse will be comfortable to use. It will require very little space due to its compact nature with the added bonus of being a nice visual upgrade to your work station.
- BATTERIES NOT REQUIRED & STABLE WIRED CONNECTION: The 5FT USB-A cable is the perfect length for an USB wired mouse and is long enough to accommodate almost all computer setups with no latency.
The Macally may seem like an ordinary budget wired mouse but what it brings value is its silence. Many of us may not like the hard clicky sounds of the mouse and if you need the right remedy, the Macally is your choice. It also works properly on both PC and Mac.
Logitech M535 Wireless Mouse
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY - Use with virtually any Bluetooth enabled computer, laptop, or tablet: Connects to Mac, Windows, Chrome OS and Android
- MOBILE DESIGN - Slip the comfort M535 mouse into your laptop bag or pocket so you have it anywhere you need it
- ERGONOMIC SHAPE - Comfortable curved shape for right or left hand use with rubber grips, keeps your hand feeling comfortable, even after long hours of use
- LONG BATTERY LIFE - 10 month battery life helps you go longer between battery changes (battery life may vary based on user and computing conditions)
- CONVENIENT CONTROLS - Navigation button and tilt wheel put control in the palm of your hand
If the MX Master 3 may be too expensive to your taste, then perhaps the M535 might be more suitable for you. After all, Logitech continues to dominate the wireless mouse market and the M535 are one of its poster boys that give a prime example of a solid budget wireless mouse.
Anker Vertical Ergonomic Mouse
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- Enters power saving mode (power is cut off completely) after 8 minutes idle, press right or left button for it to wake. Product dimensions: 120*62.8*74.8 mm; product weight: 3.4 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse (2 AAA batteries not included), 1 2.4G USB receiver (in the bottom of the mouse), 1 instruction manual. 18-month hassle-free warranty.
Vertical mice have become a rave in the late 2020 and is now becoming more popular these days. If you want to get into the trend, we recommend the Anker Vertical Ergonomic Mouse. Its vertical structure will help greatly decrease chances of carpal tunnel and cramping to your nerves, allowing you for a more comfortable experience. You’ll get used to it as you keep on using the mouse.
What We Would Buy
They’re all great mice for the Mac but if we were to choose the overall best mouse for Mac, it has to be the Logitech MX Master 3. It is specifically tailored for the Mac and has plenty of great added features to make using your Mac more convenient. If you still prefer to be loyal to Mac products, then perhaps the Apple Magic Mouse 2 should suit your needs. If you prefer a cheaper alternative, the Macally is a wired mouse made for Mac too. The Logitech M535 is also a nice choice if you want a good budgeted version of the Logitech MX. Finally, if you want a more unorthodox approach for your mouse, you should get the Anker Vertical Ergonomic Mouse then.
Can I use a PC mouse on a Mac?
As long as the mouse has a USB Type-B socket, yes, you can use a PC mouse for a Mac.
How long does a wireless mouse battery life last?
Depending on the brand that you purchase, a wireless mouse can last from 8 hours up to 30 hours. Logitech is known for better battery life which is why we recommend it.
Should I buy an Apple Magic Mouse or Logitech MX Mouse?
Both are very good choices. However, if you want to stay purely Apple, the Magic Mouse is good. If you prefer utility and functionality, the Logitech MX Mouse is good too.
What is the latest Apple wireless mouse?
As of this writing, the latest is the Apple Magic Mouse 2 which has better battery life than the first mouse.
Is wireless mouse better than wired mouse?
This depends on you and the brand you want to purchase. If you are easily stressed by wires, a wireless mouse is good. If you are on a budget, a wired mouse will do.