The Apple 16″ Macbook Pro is arguably the best MacBook made to date, with a sleek design and amazing ergonomics. To have this under special care is an understatement. What you need is a great casing to protect it from any damage. That is why we rounded off the top 5 best Macbook Pro 16 sleeves based on reviews and popular choices. We chose the Apple Leather Sleeve
Best Macbook Pro 16 Sleeve
Apple Leather Sleeve
- ✔Premium Material - Self-Produced Sleeve from carefully selected materials and Internal Suede Protect Your IT device from Slip and Scratches.
- ✔Design for You - Modern and Slim Design, This Sleeve Blends Perfectly with Your Device and Gives You a Comfortable Grip. Improve your digital life with this sleeve.
- ✔Excellent Details - Designed by the craftsmen, this Sleeve fits perfectly with your device and has great quality sewn finish. Gift it to someone you care about !
- ✔More Safely - The cover of the lid is finished with natural cowhide and is made only slightly covered with proper magnetic properties to minimize damage to the device
- ✔Dimension and Compatible Models - 15.86 x 10.7 x 0.2 inches (L x W x H) / Macbook Pro 16"
It’s no surprise that Apple’s official leather sleeve accessory is the best among the rest. Thanks to its microfiber lining a superb form-factor and made with the best European leather, this Apple sleeve fits your Macbook Pro 16″ like a glove.
Overall, it makes your Macbook look more professional than having it without any sleeves. Just watch out for the price tag though. After all, anything from the official Apple store is expensive.
Best Budget Macbook Pro 16 Sleeve
- Military-Grade CornerArmor Protection: New upgraded A13 Series now with 4 CornerArmors instead of 2. Increasing protection performance by more than 10 times than before, passing the Military drop-test Standard (MIL-STD-810H: 2019), providing enhanced shock protection from accidental drops and bumps.
- Offering Trusted 360 degree Protection: Simple and clean look made with wear-resistant & water-resistant recycled material on the outside, a thick plush lining and padding on the inside, and to top it off, a soft protective ridge around the zipper, offering trusted tough 360 degree protection for your device
- Innovative New Recycled Fabrics: In effort to support environmental protection, we created this sleeve with durable recycled fabric, that is 100% Post-Consumer material made from PET plastic bottles. We are committed to providing daily protection for your laptop while also being environmentally friendly, using repurposed plastic into everyday products that benefit you and our planet.
- Convenient Storage Design: A main pocket for your laptop, and a front zippered pocket for an iPad mini, or small accessories (charger, pencil, cable, hub, AirPods, etc.) Designed with a slim lightweight structure that allows you to easily stow it in your bag or backpack and bring your laptop along for your journey.
- Custom Made for Perfect Fit: Internal Dimensions - 13.75" x 9.48" x 0.61", Designed for 15 inch Microsoft New Surface Laptop 4/3, 2020 New Dell XPS 15, 15-inch MacBook Pro with USB-C (A1990 A1707), 14 HP Acer Chromebook, Thinkpad 14" X1 Carbon (1-4th Gen)/ T-Series/E-Series laptops, etc.
Light and compact on both the price and overall feel, the tomtoc sleeve does its best in keeping your Macbook Pro safe from outside harm with its sturdy design. It is also a great budget choice in case you think the Apple leather sleeve is too much for your wallet. The tomtoc sleeve also has several pockets for you to put in the cables, chargers and other small peripherals.
If you like it thin, then this sleeve works well for you.
Best Value Macbook Pro 16 Sleeve
CAISON Leather Sleeve
- 13-INCH CASE - Designed ONLY for 13-inch MacBook Pro 2020 & Mac Air 2020. The case provides a TIGHT FIT for MacBook of models A2337/M1, A2179, A2289, A2251, A2338/M1. Please kindly check the model of your device before buying. Interior dimensions: 13.75" x 9.48”.
- TRADITIONAL STYLE: Made with the traditional style leather characterised by its smooth surface and natural finish
- PERSISTENT IN DETAILS: Each of Comfyable leather laptop sleeve is handmade by a small team of artisans - masters of their craft
- NO SCUFF COMING OFF: The interior of the cover that is facing the MacBook is specially processed to prevent scuff coming off due to friction
- THE ORIGINAL BOOKMARK DESIGN mixes the modern and traditional in a considerate and cohesive way
Not only does it look classy, but it’s well for the budget too. While it is not that cheap, the elegant CAISON Leather Sleeve is a great choice for when you want to place your Macbook in a cool-looking sleeve. It is made with genuine leather with a great lather finish to give it that smooth design. It is quite light too and keeps a sturdy protection for your Macbook. It just looks professional when you bring it with you. Show it off next time you want to work in a public place like a cafe, a library or the park.
Best Protective Macbook Pro 16 Sleeve
- Made with smooth vegan leather that is stylish and easy to maintain
- Form-fitting design that fits snugly to your 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 MacBook Pro 13" and MacBook Air 2018 2019 2020 with Touch ID ( A2289, A1706, A1708, A1989, A1932ONLY). Does NOT fit any other laptops or older MacBook Pros. Does NOT fit MacBook Pros with case installed.
- Handmade to the highest craftsmanship standard
- Conveniently charges your MacBook inside the sleeve
- Functions as a cushion to protect your MacBook on rough surfaces
A sleeve that is both slim AND protective? Yes, such a thing exists. UPPERCASE SlimSleeve redefines all expectations when it comes to Macbook sleeves. It looks like a usual designer sleeve but it is also a protective case. It also comes as a classy PU leather sleeve that makes your Macbook look more beautiful, especially with its two different color schemes. The price is not bad too; for $39.95, this sleeve is worth more than its asking price.
Best Macbook Pro 16 Sleeve for Traveling
- COMPATIBLE WITH: New MacBook Pro 16-inch 2019 A2141 | New 15 Inch MacBook Pro Touch Bar Retina 2017 2018 A1707 A1990 | 15.4 inch MacBook Pro Retina (Late 2012- Early 2016) | Dell XPS 15 | ASUS VivoBook S | 15 inch Microsoft Surface Book 2 and other 15 Inch laptops notebooks ultrabooks chromebooks.
- WATER REPELLENT - Made of waterproof Canvas fabric, which obstructs water and vapor effectively. Don't worry about splashing water or rain.
- 360° SHOCKPROOF SOFT LINING - Extra soft, The anti-static, Can effectively absorb impacts and reduce damages caused by accidentally bumping & scratches.
- ENOUGH SPACE & SMOOTHLY ZIPPER - Extra Two pockets, Enough space to keep pens, mobile phone, cables, chargers, power bank etc.. Zipper glides smoothly and convenient access to your laptops.
- FASHION STYLE - Being slim. portable and lightweight to take alone, or slide it into your briefcase, backpack or any other bag, perfect for business, school or travel.
If you want your sleeve with a generous number of pockets, Lacdo is your best choice. Not only does it look very fashionable but it also sports lots of pockets for various peripherals like cables, chargers, pens, and earphones. It also works as a wallet holder too especially if you are very handy with your Macbook. Plus, it is also made of waterproof canvas fabric in case of rainy days. Did you drop your Mac with this sleeve on? No problem. The whole sleeve is shock-proof to minimize damage. That’s why we recommend Lacdo when you are a frequent traveler.
What I Would Buy
Of all the choices, we pick the Apple Leather as the best Macbook Pro 16 Sleeve for its sturdy design and ergonomic handling. It may be a bit expensive but it is worth every penny. If you prefer something more affordable, then perhaps the tomtoc sleeve is a better alternative. Looking for something of high-value for the right price? CAISON Leather Sleeve is a nice option. If you feel a bit overprotective of your Mac, we recommend the UPPERCASE SlimSleeve as the right choice. Lacdo is the most favorable pick for you if you prefer to travel a lot.
A sleeve is the best if you always travel a lot. The difference is that the sleeve is an additional protection for your Mac if you are putting it in your bag or large case.
A sleeve is a thin cover for your laptop or Mac. It comes with pockets that are large enough for small peripherals. A case is a larger protection that you put in your laptop or case. In general, you can put your mac in a sleeve first before you put it in a larger case.
That is a yes and no. Yes because the 100% leather sleeves and official Apple sleeves are pricey yet 3rd party brands sell sleeves for as low as $19.99.
Yes, it is highly recommended that you do. Sleeves add an extra layer of protection for when you are traveling to places.
That depends on you. People choose the sleeve because it is light to carry and convenient to open your Mac with. A case is heavier and you will need to take the Mac off it before using.